Twilight 11.21.08

Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Grammys 2006

I know I haven’t written a blog in a while. There are certain things that are blog worthy. One is any sort of Hoopla that is experienced with music, tv or movies and the other is anything music related that I NEED to talk about!!! This one is all about the GRAMMY’S. Let me first say that for the past 5 or 7 years I have found the Grammy’s crappy and boring!! I thought that Rock was dead and no one showed any respect for the things that I liked. For example DMB losing to Sheryl Crow (I believe the year was 1999) was very upsetting. “The Globe Sessions” was a decent album, and I liked her then (I now loath her) but for that album to win over “Before these Crowded Streets” is just beyond me. I mean am I right or am I right. Who cares this is my blog… of course I’m right!!!! But this year I was actually looking forward to the Grammy’s. Rock is alive and well friends and I’m happy to say it. Having Franz Ferdinand, U2, The Killers, Foo Fighters, Kelly Clarkson, Coldplay all being nominated, sadly against each other, was great for Rock – n – Roll in 2006!!! Onward and Upwards to the show…


I know that I am a new fan of U2 and I know that I can claim nothing on them, bc let’s face it I have no right to, it’s only been 3½ months since I have seen the light. But I am SOOOO proud of this band and so excited for them that they WON all 5 GRAMMYS that they were nominated for!!!!!! I think it’s an exciting time for all U2 fans. For me getting into them so late in their career I thought that I would never experience them getting so many accolades. It’s like they have had a rebirth. It’s amazing to watch, and to see Edge lookin’ all HOT is a highlight for me. I cannot wait to see them live again. I can’t wait to meet the Edge and for Honey to meet the Bono. I am going to unintentionally embarrass her by balling my eyes out. But that’s ok bc there is only love there.

I know that Honey wasn’t that impressed with the performance of U2 with Mary J. but I liked it and the Edge looked fine. Apparently no one really liked the performance, but the Edge was hot and that’s all that matters. Anyway, it’s almost like it doesn’t even matter bc they won 5 freakin’ Grammy’s. When Bono spoke about his dad and he got a bit choked up, you really knew that this meant so much to him, all of them really. It wasn’t “oh, ok, thanks for another Grammy.” It was like, “Holy crap we won ANOTHER Grammy!!!” And that’s always so nice to see. It really meant so much to them.



Let’s talk about KELLY CLARKSON!!! I am so happy for her, when she won her first Grammy I cried for her bc it felt that a friend was winning. It didn’t really help that she was totally crying also. Then she sang and blew everyone away when she hit that last note. It was so exciting. Then she won that second Grammy!!! It was amazing!! She looked beautiful and humbled. It was really nice to watch.

Poor Gwen, she got denied. But it’s like you know what… you’re having Gavin Rossdale’s baby, I don’t feel that bad for you. The Sly and the family Stone tribute was fun and the fact that Robert Randolph was there was really cool. He’s so cool and it’s so cool I met him with Honey at that Dave show. Alicia Keys looked very nice, and that little improve singing she did with Stevie Wonder was cool. Christina Aguilera looked amazing sounded good in the beginning of her song but then started doing that grinding and growling and runs with her throat and it was not cool. It made me totally forget what the hell she was singing. Someone should tell her “less is more”. Just do what Kelly Clarkson does. I liked Madonna’s sparkly leotard, it was pretty and he body looked great. She’s so fit. The Gorillaz were cool.

Johnny Buckland is definitely becoming a fast alternate on my list and damn it he also plays guitar. I have a thing for that. Chris Martin was weird but he made up for it for showing off his Johnny. He is such a Bono wannabe, eh… who isn’t? He totally needs a haircut though. I really can’t wait to see them soon!!! MCI here we come to wreak some more havoc, which I always enjoy. I digress (quoting Honey), back to the Grammy’s. The New Orleans thing was good bc, you guessed it, Edge looked hot. But they cut off the end of the song. Speaking of which when they cut off Larry Mullen Jr. I freaked out I was so pissed!!! It was just so wrong. I mean they are U2, they did just win Album of the Year, I think you would be able to spare 2 seconds for him, the fucking drummer!!! Who’s with me?

















Buble` was hot and Teri Hatcher looked like a big whore in her see through dress. Don’t these people have fashion consultants? Gwen looked nice, especially with Gavin and her belly as her latest accessories. Look on Honey’s blog for a really cute pic of Bono kissing her belly. Mariah sounded really good and I don’t even like her. I liked her sparkly microphone. Kanye West and Jamie Fox made a spectacle and I have to say I really, really enjoyed it. That was so much fun to watch. As a whole I am soooo happy that U2 and Kelly Clarkson won but the directing and producing of the show totally sucked big hairy balls!! Nothing was going right and it just didn’t sound good. One of the reasons I hate watching the Grammy’s. But If they had U2 on every year then I would watch and not hate it!!


KT Tunstall was on Conan the other night and to say that I have never been so impressed, jealous, amazed at someone’s performance it wouldn’t be enough words. She was so good I can NOT wait to see her and hopefully meet her. It’s gonna be a good one!!!! It’s definitely a girl crush.

I am going to Honey’s tomorrow and I CANNOT WAIT!!!! It’s gonna be so good to get away for a couple of days. “Love Monkey” was really good the other day. I hope they don’t get rid of this show. It seems all the shows that I like are kicked off and that would suck! I really like Tom Cavanaugh and the whole concept about the show is all music… so what’s not to like? NOTHING!!!

I think that will be all for now. I know that I will write soon to talk about the hoopla that goes down at the end of the month. It’s going to be Magnet and the Stars, then Coldplay, then Michael Buble` and last but not least KT Tunstall!!! All in one weekend, a long weekend!!

On that note, I bid you adieu. U2 I am so happy for you and proud to be a fan. Edge I am in love with you. Kelly Clarkson I am so proud of you and Honey I will see you TOMORROW!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home