Twilight 11.21.08

Monday, March 27, 2006

What a Nice Weekend

I went down to Honey this weekend. I know that I was just there for like a month and she was just at my house... but it was nice to see her. We hung out on Friday and did some errands. Honey made a kick ass dinner while I took a kick ass nap. I was in such a deep sleep that when she called me for dinner I didn't even hear her. Man I love good naps.

The next day was nice and we went to lunch with Patrick and April and then did some other errands and got coffee and went home. Honey made another awesome dinner then we went to see Jamie Cullum at the 9:30 Club, in DC. We haven't been there in a really long time and it was nice to be back there. There was an almost incident where we almost got into a kick ass, drag out, balls kicking, fight with this dude and his girlfriend. She was a rude, nasty, bitch from hell. She butted herself right in front of us and tried to get her boyfriend was like, 10 feet tall to stand with her. We were all like I don't Fucking think so. It was really more Honey who was doing the talking bc she was standing next to him. I knew she had things under control, but when we talked about the incident in the car we all wanted the guy to start up with us, bc we all really and truly wanted to kick that guys ass. He knew that we could totally take him too. Other than the almost violence that almost happened. It was a really great show.

The opening act was alright. Her name is Brandi Carlisse (spelling). She had a large twang to her voice, which I don't like. But she was good for what it was. Her first song was good. Then she ended with Hallelujah and I came to the conclusion that song is special and should only be sung by a man. Unless you are KT Tunstall of course, she can do whatever she wants.

Then Jamie came out and he was incredible. What a great show. I was really surprised how the crowd just went crazy for him. At one point he got the whole place to jump up and down for like 5 min. and it was amazing. He's an amazing piano player and he can freakin play guitar and drums. it was a great show. I know I keep saying that but it really, really was. The funny thing was I saw his guitar player and I lean over to Honey and say something like, "I totally want that guy." Then a bit later in the show Jamie is introducing his band and he says, "U2 has the Edge and we have Sam." I was like OMG... it's perfect!!! He really does look kinda like a young Edge.

So after the show, I went downstairs and tried to get a setlist or a pick or a drum stick or something and there was nothing. Then we all found out if you buy a CD you can meet Jamie and the band. But it was only for single ppl. you can't bring a friend. And you can't use the excuse that I tried for Honey, that she already bought the cd that same day. What ever, we decided to move the car and wait outside for them.

We waited and met Brandi. Then we moved down to Jamie's bus and then I met a girl who pretty much is the DC me. It was freaky, she stalks in the same way I do. No shame... it's the key to all things. Bc you know what, I am never going to meet these ppl. again and on the off chance that I do, they are NEVER going to remember me. If Matty Nay doesn't really remember me, no one will. Even Dave said he remembered me, who knows if he's telling the truth. Anyhoo, ya this girl was totally my twin. She even says the same things I do. It was really funny.

So, as we are about to go meet the awesome drummer of Jamie's Band, I see that Jamie is coming outside. So we quickly change the plans and I see Sam coming and he's talking to some ppl. I look at Honey and we are both, "Yes! He is hot up close!!!" I wait for him to be finished with the people he was talking to and I just blurt out, "I have a crush on you!!!" And he was smiling and sort of laughing and said "that's sweet, thank you." Then I took a picture with him and asked him if he had a pick on him and he did and he gave it to me. I know it's no guitar... but it'll do. Which by the way, Robyn I CAN NOT BELEIVE MAGNET GAVE YOU HIS GUITAR!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! I wish I would have been there!!! I totally would have cried. It makes me so happy!!!

Anyway, then Sam met Honey and kissed her on the cheek and I was like OMG, that's not fair and then he gave me a kiss also... a pity kiss. whatever... at least it's a kiss. then we met Jamie and that was cool. I totally had to lean down to take the picture with him, which was funny. but he really is very, very charming. A whew bit randy, but very charming and he totally knows it. Honey took a pic with him first and it was really funny bc he tried to find a piece of sidewalk that was a bit higher so he could be taller then Honey, he tried to do this in a subtle way. But as soon as we got in the car we were all like did you notice that... it was funny. I just told him that it was an incredible show and he almost made me cry. And Honey was like, you made me cry. It was such a good show.

Back to Sam. So the fact that he totally looks like the Edge is amazing and he really is an amazing musician, he plays everything. The guitar, the trumpet, the shaker things, the piano, the triangle thing. He's so talented. Honey and I looked him up on the internet and he has a myspace page and I totally made a page so I can e-mail him. Almost as soon as I got home, I did that. then I e-mailed him and said I am actually a very articulate person and this is what should have come out of my mouth instead of what I said. I told him how amazing he is. Then a half hour later, he wrote back to me. He's awesome!!! and British... not Irish... we can't all be perfect.

So when we got home we watched "Just Friends" over all is was just an ok movie. But there were 3 things that made me laugh so hard that I was crying hysterically and I wa going crazy it was just too too funny. OMG really funny, every time I think about it I get close to hysterics. I'M MAKING GINGERBREAD COOKIES!!!! The outtakes were really funny. so funny. Thanks April for making us watch that. it was really funny. Man Alive

ok, so the next show is Matty Nay and I am going with a friend of a friend. I don't really know her, but she loves the Shnay and it should be fun. I can't believe I am seeing him without Honey, it's odd. But it can't be helped. I have to remember to tell him about the ellipse and about my love for Edge and find out who he loves the most. Also, I have to remember to wish him a happy belated birthday.

That's all for know. Oh I also finally downloaded I-Tunes, I know that I don't have an ipod, it's just a really good way to organize my music. I welcome myself to the 21st century with a myspace page and i-tunes. GO ME!!!

Oh - Also referring back to Honey's blog about where the hell are those second albums. I totally agree with the sentiment and want to tell all you artist who don't read my blog... Where are those albums?!?! I am getting impatient!!
Especially from Damien Rice and The Killers. I want my MTV... I mean my second album.

Also, regarding the Arctic Monkeys... boys I know you want ppl. to think that you don't care, but if you don't care for long enough no one else will either. You want longevity, then you have to care. Otherwise your going to wake up one day realize your back where you don't want to be with a huge bear belly and 10 kids screaming "WHERE'S MY DINNER DADDY?!?" There's nothing wrong with being grateful and thankful. I'm just saying.

One last thing this past Entertainment weekly was really funny. I have been getting this mag. for like 10 years I think and I am a loyal reader. But this past issue was all about TV. The article from Stephen King titled "Confessions of a TV slut" was really good. So if you have a chance check that out on the website or pick up the issue in your stores now.

Peace out everyone - Edge rules all things and my prayers go out to him and his family and everyone in U2 at this time. I know it's a long time coming but I haven't written a blog since the hoopla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home