Twilight 11.21.08

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I feel the need to share...

I was reading C's blog and reading the comments and someone said that the best show they were never at was the "Slane Castle: u2 show." That gave me an idea to give you a short list of the best shows I think I should have been at. Then I was thinking of some other lists that I have revised and what not. Then I wanted to mention some other little tidbits. So enjoy!

I ordered and recieved my "Music Rising" T-shirt. It's really for a good cause and how can I turn down the Edge? There is no way, so thank goodness the shirt was ONLY $30. I love that man... maybe too much. But it's a really great shirt, and it's soft.

That new Keane song, "Is it any Wonder" is SOOOO AMAZING!!! It's filled with an aggression and urgency that was not on their last album. I loved their last album and was worried about the next one. This song makes me completely confident that they are going to put something absolutely amazing out. Even if it TOTALLY evokes the edge... even if they are using synthesizers and not actual guitars. It just shows that they love Mr. Evans as well. And that's Hot!!!

On General Hospital, Rick Springfield, has been back for some time now. So they thought it would be a good idea for him to perform at the day time EMMY'S!!!! HAAHAA.. oh that's just too funny. On All My Children, Dixie's back and the SHIT is gonna hit that fan and it's gonna be good. I have been watching ABC soaps on and off (mostly on) since I ahve been in the 7th grade, so since I was 12. Shit... that's 15 fuckin years. WOW!!! that's too long...

So I have changed some HOT men lists. I ahve seperated it one, list just for ot music men and one for other men.

Hot Music Men
5. Alex Kapranos








4. Matt Nathanson







3. Tom Oliver Chaplin








2. Dave Matthews









1. Dave "The Edge" Evans (I will meet this man!!!)

Hot Other Men
5. Michael Vartan
4. Lee Pace
3. Vincent D'onofrio
2. Bradley Cooper
1. Kiefer Sutherland

The crazy thing is that I have met 4 out of 5 of the guys on my music list, and 2 out of 5 of the Other men list. Who would have thunk it?

The reason why I started this blog entry was to tell you the greatest concerts (that happened while I was alive) that I should have been at:

5. Franz Ferdinand opening for U2 (somewhere in Europe... those lucky bastards!)
4. Radiohead at Glastonbury (again... Europe... :(... I want to go there)
3. Muse at Glastonbury (again... fuckin' Europe... damn them to hell)
2. Slane Castle U2 both shows (I know some would think this would be #1, but when I think about not being at this concert, it doesn't make me angry that I wasn't there bc I wasn't into them then. But I would love to go there no if they had another one... and again IRELAND, the mother ship!!!)
1. Dave Matthews Band at Roseland Ballroom in 2006 - I, plain and simple, just should have been at this show and that's final!!! Not being at this show makes me think violent thoughts!!!

I think that concludes this blog. Until next time....

4 Comments:

Blogger Arka Das said...

Wow, nice blog. Nice thoughts, I'm sure a nice person as an author.
So much to say......

8:13 AM  
Blogger c said...

i just want to tell you that i in fact have met yer man the edge. and i have not met many peeps, i don't even try to meet people, really, but i met him and i touched his right shoulder. like i put my hand on it and i didn't squeeze it or tap it, but i just felt that shoulder for a second or three or four. very gently. and i told him "i love you" and he gave me an autograph and a nod. and a closed mouth smile. not a word.

and i totally did not know rick springfield was back on GH. that's frickin' hysterical.

bye!

5:53 PM  
Blogger yetta said...

Thank you Zapa mama - I read some of your blog and your a great writer. your post on March 7th was very good. I see that you read a lot... one of the best books I have ever read was "the kite runner." You should really read if you haven't already.

C - OH MY G-D!!!! I am freaking out!!!! YOU MET MY EDGE!!!!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!!! DAMN - was he sooooooo hot!!?? I am sure he was!!! where did this happen, when did this happen, what was he wearing? I need details... for my stalking pleasure. :) I totally teared up reading that you met him. I can't believe you touched him, that's awesome. We need to hang out. We need to find a concert you, me and honey can go to together. it would be soooo much fun.

speak to you soon.

4:39 PM  
Blogger c said...

i met edge in seattle outside of the venue probably almost exactly a year ago. i flew to seattle to see 2 shows there and then drove up to vancouver to see them there, too. the day i met edge, bono was there shaking hands, too, but i did not get to say anything to B or touch him. people just get so crazy when he is there. it was way more calm with edge. his zen powers hypnotize everyone. though i did get to touch bono when he spoke at NYU last year.
;)
and yes, we must all meet up someday soon.
c

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home