Twilight 11.21.08

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My belated lists for 2006

I would like to wish a Happy Belated Birthday to my first husband of rock - Dave Matthews HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY!!!!! I feel that I've grown up with you and I thank you for your music, your lyrics and a bit of your soul that you have showed me.

I want to also wish you luck on your upcoming tv role in House. I am looking forward to watching you go head to head with Hugh Laurie. Also, I am highly anticipating your coming movie with Sissy Spacek, Troy Garity, Rebecca Romijn, Drea de Mateo and some other ppl. called Lake City. He will also be in another movie called The Other Side with Jim Broadbent, Angelica Huston, Ryan Gosling, Jason Lee, Brittany Murphy, Eddie Izzard, Giovanni Ribisi and shload of others. He was a very busy man bc they are all in post production. Which means that they are coming out soon, I hope!!!


Onward alright this is my belated music list for 2006

10. The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
Though I haven't given this album the proper attention it deserves it's going on my list bc they were phenomenal live. I really do like that Jack White.
Favorite Song - Steady as she goes, it has a great beat and Jack's voice just compliments the whole set up.


9. Paolo Nutini - These Streets
He's only 19 but he is no adolescent teenager. His voice is gritty and soulful. The beats are mature but not too serious. I can't wait to see him at the end of the month, did I mention he's Scottish?
Favorite Song - Jenny Don't be Hasty.


8. Damien - 9
Bc I really do worship Damien he has to be on my list. I've been waiting for this album since his show in 2004 that changed my life. It changed the way that I look at music. It made me realize that so many bands are good, but I saw a man and a band at their best. It was a transcendent show, it made me realize that I should expect more from a band when I see them and settling for their mediocrity lacks in the experience of attending a concert.
Favorite Song - Me, My Yolk and I. Every time I hear it live it blows me away for the weightiness of the music and lyrics.


7. John Legend - Once Again
It was very hard for me to admit not only do I like this album, but I totally have a crush on him. I think he's an intelligent musician. I like the tone to his voice, I like the way he says certain words and I like when he reaches that high night that's a little out of his reach.
Favorite Song - Stereo, it's a great beat and very poppy but really enjoyable.


6. Wolfmother - Wolfmother
They are loud and obnoxious just like their 1970's predecessors Led Zepplin. Myles Heskett voice is over the top rock and roll. It's the kind of music you blast in you car driving down the turnpike, screaming along to the lyrics.
Favorite Song - Woman, it evokes Led Zepplin the most of any other song.


5. Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
Even though they have played chasing cars TO death on the radio this is still going on my list bc there are so many great songs on this album. They are wonderful live and it's nice to have another Irish band out there that are easier to get tickets to. They have so much energy on stage. Their lyrics are earnest with good pop rock sounds without being corny or emo in any sort of way.
Favorite Song - Set the Fire on the Third Bar


4. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Just a Fun, Fun band with great music. They are very young but have the sound of a band at least in their twenties. Their sound seems effortless and I deeply appreciate that. I just hope they turn into a one album wonder like so many of the bands that I have liked in the past few years.
Favorite Song - Fake Tales of San Fransisco


3. Justin Timberlake - Future Sex Love Sounds
Who knew that I would be totally mesmerized by this pop album of a past boy band member. But there is no denying this boys talent... or shall I say man? Using his talents with Timbaland was a most excellent idea. For longevity purposes I think it was a very smart idea to team up with Timbaland. The beats and grooves on this album would get anyone going and it's a lot of fun.
Favorite Song - My Love. This song most resembles rock, but it's not and that's ok. I can't wait to see him next month.


2. Keane - Under the Iron Sea
After the rocky year that this band has had you would never know that they put out this stellar album. If you read into it really closely you can figure out the relationship that Tim Rice-Oxley and Tom Oliver Chaplin have with each other. It's disturbing and honest. If it's accurate. Tom Oliver Chaplin's voice is as angelic as his face. It's so pure live. It's a little messed up that he sings back the lyrics of how Tim feels about him, but maybe that's why he needed a little Rehab.
Favorite Song - Broken Toy and Nothing in My Way. Both songs sound sweet and poppy but when you get right down to it they are some of the most revealing lyrics on the album.



1. Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
They are aggressive, loud, obnoxious, over the top and could make my head explode. They are amazing live. Going to their show is very freeing and I can't wait until the next one. There really isn't a bad song on this album. Listening to them makes me jealous that I can't play anything the way they play their instruments. It just reminds me of my own mediocrity but yet I'm ok with it bc they really are so amazing and I know that I will never be able to play like them, even if I gave it my all. I hope they come back to town soon on a solo venture and not with another band that I won't mention here.
Favorite Song - Assassin. the most aggressive of all the songs, Dom takes control and pushes past all barriers of drumming and ends up in another galaxy. It's so awesome!!!!


Honorable Mentions:
Hard Fi - Stars of CCTV, Fave song "Gotta Reason" (I have the whole video worked out in my head I just gotta tell someone) and "Move on Now".
Tapes N Tapes - The Loon, Fave song "In Houston".

Bands that I have discovered this year... I know, I know it's about time
1. Sigur Ros - After getting shamed by Shane (from damien) and by Honey at the same time, I had to re-listen with OPEN ears. I did and I like. Favorite Song - "Saeglopor" off of Takk. I have no idea what it's about but it's beautiful.
2. The Frames - Headlong is a great song. I really love Glen Hansards' voice. It's like being surrounded by love. There is something very familiar about him and I don't know what it is. It's like I've known him for years.
3. The Swell Season - For all the above reasons and there's violin and I'm a sucker for violin.

Favorite TV Shows
1. Lost - Even though they haven't answered shit, I still love this show.
2. Heroes - it feeds my inner geek!!
3. Grey's Anatomy - I miss denny, for my inner weepiness.
4. Spooks - Um British hotness!!! and a lady totally killed herself right in front of me and a lady got her face BURNED off by a deep fryer machine!!! EW and AWESOME!!!
5. 24 - Jack Bauer Hotness!! He saves the world what's not to love.
6. CSI - Grissom rules all things!!
7. Medium - I really like this show a lot. Every character is appealing to me.
8. House - well dave's gonna be on it... and when else can you love a Vicodin addicted man?
9. Ugly Betty - Who doesn't love America Ferrera?
10. Brothers and Sisters - um three totally cute brothers and the mom is sally field... what's NOT to love?
11. Family Guy - There are no words!!!
12. Scrubs - I am a bad fan. I was upset when they canceled it, they brought it back and I don't watch. But I know it's still good.
13. Studio 60 - I really like the writing and relationships on the show. Who knows how long it will last... but we'll see
14. How I met your Mother - my new fave show. I love Doogie houser on this show!!! He's too funny as a womanizing funny man.
15.Survivor/The Bachelor/American Idol - my guilty pleasures.

I wish everyone a happy new year and blessings and good things to all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Honey said...

I can't believe you ranked Spooks over 24...

Haha. Revenge is mine!!!!!!!!!!

Like your choice for no. 1 album....me likey.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit, I'm going to be on House?

WOW.

3:33 PM  
Blogger yetta said...

Congrats on finding out that you are going to be on House, Dave!! Also are you having fun in Europe?

No mention of us in that awesome pic?

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home