Twilight 11.21.08

Friday, January 26, 2007

Vacation

It really hasn't felt like much of a vacation. Everyday I've had to just do the stuff that I normally just don't have the time to do. I cleaned the bathroom, went massive food shopping, vacuumed, the poor cats had a vet appointment, I've had to help my grandmother with stuff and do a ton of other errands. Yesterday was the first day that it was about me and what I wanted to do.

I went to see Dreamgirls and that Jennifer Hudson was amazing. She can blow!! She was better then Beyonce in performance and singing wise. You know when you hear a really amazing voice and it makes your eyes water and you get a huge smile on your face. That was me every time Jennifer Hudson opened her mouth to sing. I hope she wins an oscar. She really was incredible.

Honey asked me to give it a grade and it's a strong B+. The weakest link in the movie was Jamie Foxx. His voice was the worst out of everyone and he had a really complicated character, but didn't do much with it. Eddie Murphy was good but every time he sang it reminded me of Donkey from Shrek. I don't think he should win the Oscar. Beyonce's song "Listen" was very good, and I'm glad she wasn't nominated bc she really didn't deserve one. Anika Noni Rose was also very good. My grandmother also liked the movie very much.

Then I headed to the city to meet up with a friend from The French Culinary Institute. I asked her to meet me at the Starbucks near The Cutting Room. In the back of my head I knew that Matt Nathanson was going to be there for coffee before his show, and he was. I had a really nice time with Sandy. While we were sitting there I saw the guy from the old SNL band. But I couldn't remember his name. About 10 minutes later MattyNay came in. I called him over and asked if he wanted to join us and sadly he said no. He said that he really needed to zone out b4 the show. boo!! But I was told him that I was going to his MSG show where he is opening for OAR and Gomez. So he said to get there early bc his set is gonna be really quick. The I asked how can we see him b4 or after and he was like I don't think it's gonna happen bc there's too much going on and his wife will be there. boo!! though I'm glad his wife will be there. He's like ok I'm gonna get coffee, I was like wait... So I gave him a gift card for starbucks and he's like you don't have to do that, why do you always do that. I said he shouldn't have to pay for his coffee and I reminded him about getting us into his last SOLD OUT cutting room show and we didn't have to pay. He's like it wasn't a big deal. I LOVE HIM. L.O.V.E. Him!! He sees some other fans and where does he sit?!?! right behind me. I sweetly tapped him on the back and he turned his head and was a little bit upside down... it was cute!! and I said that the guy from SNL came in b4, what's his name? and he said GE Smith, I said I knew you would know! and then he said ya he's playing tonight b4 me. I was like huh. then he said ya when he was on SNL he had a problem with (using his finger he scratched under his nose) you know. I was like really and I did the same motion and he was uh huh. Then he went back to what he was doing and so did I. I forgot to mention that he took out his journal and was writing. That's the dream people. I don't know if he was writing a set list, if he was writing a song or a journal entry... but he was writing.

It was around 8pm and Sandy was leaving. Rochi came around 8:20ish. As I waited for her I pretended to write while I eased dropped on matt. He had some friends meet him, like actual friends. Not super fan pseudo friend - that's so sad. They were helping him write the set list. His friend just called him MattyNay. I went to the bathroom and bumped into John and Eric - his band mates. It was getting later and Rochi told me she's going to the Dominican Republic for presidents weekend. Matt's Friends left and he was alone again. I tapped him on the back again and he leaned back in the same cute way. and I said Matt, ya know it's almost like we actually had coffee together. he smiled and said but we totally did. I said no we didn't. And Talie came and we started getting ready to leave, but I bothered Matt one last time. And I asked if we could take a picture together. And he said of course. And I was going to take, but then talie offered. So she took it. Then I asked again about seeing him at the msg show and he said it's probably not that likely. boo!! but reminded me to get there early. I said that we will bc we bought the ticket to see him, not OAR or Gomez. he said thanks. Then I told him our section, which I'm sure went in one ear and out the other. I also told him that his name was bigger (not just the length) but actually bigger then gomez's name and he was like really. I told him he should find a ticket so he could see it. Then I reminded him that his wife was at that Irving Plaza show and he was like that's right she was there. And I nicely asked him what his wife did and he told me that she works for a pharmacutical company working in HR. We said bye and I think there was a hug somewhere in there. oh and he also said that my sweater was really soft. I LOVE HIM!!! too cute.

Anyway - the show was soooo good. He actually played about 5 songs with his band which was really cool. And he has a new drummer and I have to shout it THANK GOODNESS HE HAS A GOOD DRUMMER AT LAST!!!!! It was a new positive confidant energy on stage and I was so happy that he has a good drummer. Rochi and Talie had a really good time. Though they left b4 his last song which was disappointing, they had a good time at least.

I left almost right away bc the show started late and it was FREEZING bitter cold out. On the way back to the car I found head phones on the ground, we'll see if they work. When I started the car it didn't start at first bc it was so cold, but thank G-D it did the second time and I went home.

In other news TV was really quite excellent this week. What a good start 24 has gotten off to, I hope they keep it up. Smallville was really good. Heroes was great. Greys is sooo good, as is Ugly Betty. Prison Break was even good. I can't wait for Lost. One of the best shows isn't even on tv here it's called SPOOKS!!! Man Alive that Rupert Penry Jones is Hot Hot Hot!!! The way he looks in his jeans is the way all men should look. He's also one of the best man cryers I know. I actually had a dream about him the other night and we were together and he was holding me and almost protecting me. It was hot. It felt natural and nice.

Honey comes tomorrow and I have a busy week ahead. We see Matt at MSG. then we have brunch with rochi on sunday. Then she's going to CT to see Lea and then she'll see Donna and Linda and her school stuff. Then we are going to see Paolo Nutini at Bowery. We hope that we might have time to stalk Alex Kapranos bc he's doing a reading from his book on the same day. But we'll see. I'm hoping that he'll be at the Paulo show bc ya know, they're both scottish. then we'll be heading to her house on friday to see Pink and JT. That's going to be a fun show. then at the end of the following week I'll be going to Midlake with Cara.

ok, that's exhausting!! I'm exhausted.

1 Comments:

Blogger c said...

MIDLAKE !

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home