Twilight 11.21.08

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Nothing in My Way

So this weekend was really fun. Friday, I went to the city early bc me and Honey decided that we were going to Borders for Keane. We got there early enough for the show to get bracelets but, we did not get to meet the band. We both have met them b4 but really wanted to meet them again. I wanted to take a proper picture with Tom Oliver Chaplin, but it didn't happen this weekend at all. They played 4 songs and they were amazing. The crowd was really pumped and very excited to see them. The stage was so short that it was impossible to see them at all. After they played they were rushed into the store. People were called in 25 at a time. Honey and I were 327 and 328, so we took a seat on this thinga ma jig. But I saw Tom had a set list so I asked the roadie if I could have it and he was like sure. Then I sat with Honey and while we were talking I saw that there was another set list from Richard. So I went over to the same roadie. I said, "I wanted to thank you very much for giving me the set list." And he was like no problem and then I said, "I noticed there was another set list and was wondering if I could have that for my friend." He was like ok, so honey got a set list as well. Then these girls were like, how'd you get him to give that to you. I was like I asked nicely, which is the truth. So the announcer got to our number grouping. They led us into the store. We were weaving into the bookcases. I was getting excited. But then a lady came over and told us to go, bc the band is not going to meeting anyone past 300. I was PISSED!!!! Thank goodness I wasn't 301 bc then I would have gone postal. So we waited for another few minutes until they really kicked us out. They said that they would give us a refund for the cd. But why should we punish Keane for borders idiocy? They should have never said guaranteed signing if it wasn't a for sure thing. The ad should have said the first 300 ppl. It makes me upset thinking about it.

So, after that we headed back downtown to meet up with C Scatter o light herself!!! We got yummy pizza for lunch and talked our heads off. There was a ton of U2 talk. Which was very exciting. The whole afternoon was so great. C told us in great detail her Edge meeting, which was so cool. Then she told us that she touched yer man with her pinky. Then we went to this coffee place and talked some more. I told my meeting Dave for the first time story. I always enjoy that story. It was just a really, really great day. After coffee we headed over to bowery ballroom. There was a lot, I mean a lot of waiting. But it was all worth it. We met this girl Alix, who was really cool. I was getting very impatient and I was mad. When they finally let us into the venue, it was crazy small. I can't even believe how small it was.

I really feel that being at that show and being so close was such an incredible privilege. The venue was so small, that you just knew that this was never going to happen again. They were soaking in the love and we were soaking them in. It was one of the best shows I have ever been to. Tom Oliver Chaplin loved the audience and the attention. Tim Rice Oxley was genius. I think he's a genius, and I also think I love him. He became so much hotter to me. Tim is the brains behind this band and he's just super hot. I have this very clear image in my head from one of my many fantasizings. I am going to be very brave and share it with you all. Ya know what? I can't do it. I'll see after I write it out, if it's too embarrassing, I'm not gonna do it. Back to the concert: Richard was lookin really hot also. At one point during the show, Honey screamed his name and he totally looked at her. Smiled, waved then gave her a double thumbs up. It was really super hot of him. He definitely doesn't get enough love. It's a shame bc he's really talented and he's so pretty. They played almost all the new stuff, except for "broken toy" and "the frog prince." Honey taped pretty much the whole show. I assisted for 2 songs. You can check all that out on her blog. I would have loved to hear "broken toy." The lyrics are so harsh, but the music is so light, that it takes a second to really realize what is being said. Its like: "NO HE DID NOT!!" Tim wrote this song about Tom. Tom has to sing this song back to Tim. It's really messed up. Here are the lyrics:

I think you know
Because it's old news
The people you love are hard to find
So I think if I were in your shoes
I would be kind

I look out for you
Come rain come shine
What good does it do?

I guess I'm a toy that is broken
I guess we're just older now

I want to stay another season
See summer upon this sorry land
So don't dust off your gun
Without a reason you understand

I look out for you
Come rain come shine
What good does it do?

I guess I'm a toy that is broken
I guess we're just older now

Who says a river can't leave its waters?
Who says you walk in a line?
Who says a city can't change its border?
Who says your mine?

I look out for you
Come rain come shine
What good does it do?

I guess I'm a record you're tired of
I guess we're just older now
I guess I'm a toy that is broken
I guess we're just older now

I wonder how that conversation went after Tim handed that to Tom, and said "I have something for you to sing and it's about you." CRIZAZY!!!! If someone handed that to me and said they wrote it about me and wanted me to sing it, I would have been like fuck you mother fucka. I ain't singin shit! Haahaahaa hee hee, that's funny. Back to the topic at hand: THAT SHOW WAS INCREDIBLE!!

When the show ended Richard came out and gave these 2 girls his drum sticks. Then the roadie threw out set lists, so I reached for it and had my hand wrapped around it and so did one of the girls that had a drum stick. She totally wasn't letting go and hello, I wasn't going to either. So I just said, "you got a fucking drumstick." And she let go. I know it's just a stupid piece of paper, but it's a memento. It's going to always remind me that I was at this tiny hole in the wall show, and it was something special. To some people it may be silly, but not to me.


I love Keane's last album, "Hopes and Fears," but this new album is really amazing. It's so much better than the last album and that last album was great. I am going to make a bold statement right now and here is it. I love "Under the Iron Sea" so much, that I think it's better than "X & Y." Take that Coldplay.

So after the show we waited for them to come out. But they didn't stop. I got to shake hands with Tim and tell him thank you and I think you're amazing. He said thank you then got into the van. I took 2 stalkerazzi pics of them in the van. Then they drove off. It was sad.

The next day I took Honey to Mineola, the land of no street signs. It took about 40 min. to get there and it was pretty easy. On the way home I got lost bc there was no exit back to the parkway. Finally I had to get off at another exit and found it. I almost went the way on the other parkway. I had to pullover and back up on the exit, which was a little scary. But once I was there, I was fine. Then I did some errands and made dinner, then rested for the remainder of the day. I went to pick honey up later that night and she told me all about her day with Donna and her family. She had a really great time and ate some really great food.

The next day we did some errands and went to visit my mom. Then we headed back into the city to visit with Honey's friends, Matt and Jill. Who are the most fun EVER!!! I really like both of them very much. They were both so warm and nice. I felt really comfortable with them. My nose was running the whole day, which was really annoying. I think maybe I have allergies or something. We had pizza in Soho ish, and that was fun. We got coffee and talked. It was really nice. We were going to get together with Rochi but it was too late, so we headed home.

Monday - I did some major food shopping and honey helped me out with the packages. Then we chilled for a little bit and I made dinner for my grandmother. We headed back into the city and met up with c again. We went to a nice Irish bar, called Solas and got prime parking right in front. We had drinks talked music, showed her the pics from Keane and some video. Then we headed to this Thai restaurant around the corner. I never had Thai food b4 and was a little nervous about what to order. But I got this really spice green curry dish with mock chicken. MAN ALIVE it was good. I also got a Guinness, which was very thick and rich. Dinner was really, really good. Then we talked some more. I hope I didn't scare anyone, that's all I'm saying. I had a really, really great night. It was a really great weekend. After dinner, we headed over to visit Shira for a little bit. I saw her ring and it's really pretty. We only stayed for about 10 minutes then went home.

We woke up the crack ass of dawn so I could take Honey back to the city, so I could get to work on time. Man it was early. Tuesday wasn't a great day for me. I really needed some sleep. Wednesday was really good. I took a whole bag of shit I needed to get done to work. Paid all my bills and wrote some needed letters. It was really cathartic.

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to that Muse concert. I do plan on getting there at 3pm. The doors are at 6:30pm. I really don't think that's too early. If we want to be in the front at all we are going to have to get there that early. It's not like we've never done that b4. We'll have fun. I'm also really looking forward to the group of ppl. that are coming. Matt and Jill, C, Lauren (I don't know her, but she sounds fun), Honey and Me!!! It's going to be a blast. The songs drive me insane-crazy!! I can not wait to hear Exo-Politics. I think that's one of my new favorites off this album, that's not out yet. I want to get Tom Kirk, the manager from muse, a present. But what? I don't know?

I think that's all for now. I love the edge as always.

Ya - and the whole fantasy that I was going to write, it's not happening. It's too embarrassing. It was hot though.

This is me and KT Tunstall from the show I went to a few weeks ago at Webster Hall. She's awesome and super talented. I absolutely adore her and her band. They all signed the set list for me that I got and I also got a pick from KT!! I just love her!

1 Comments:

Blogger c said...

those pics are great. man, tom is SWEATY.

(i know you know you didn't scare me. but that sweaty keane dude is kind of scaring me!)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home